Wednesday 2 May 2018

1 9 8 4 - INXS - QED - 'Message to my girl'


1. Dancing in the dark - Bruce Springsteen (May)
2. It's just not cricket - The 12th Man (May)
3. Ghostbusters - Ray Parker Jr. (Sept)
4. Careless whispers - George Michael (Sept)
5. Wake me up before you go-go - Wham (June)

6. I just called to say 'I love you' - Stevie Wonder (Sept)
7. Footloose - Kenny Loggins (Apr)
8. Hello - Lionel Richie ((Apr)
9. Girls just want to have fun - Cyndi Lauper (Feb)
10. Islands in the stream - Kenny Rogers & Dolly Parton (Oct)

11. Love is a battle field - Pat Benatar (Dec.83)
12. Original sin (Dream on white boy) - INXS (Dec.83)
13. Come said the boy - Mondo Rock (Dec.83)
14. When doves cry - Prince (July)
15. Heaven (Must be there) - Eurogliders (May)

16. Relax - Frankie Goes to Hollywood (Feb)
17. Thriller - Michael Jackson (Jan)
18. 99 Luftballons - Nena (Mar)
19. Calling your name - Marilyn (Feb)
20. Two tribes - Frankie Goes to Hollywood (July)

21. Against all odds (Take a look at me now) - Phil Collins (Apr)
22. What's love got to do with it - Tina Turner (July)
23. All night long (All night) - Lionel Richie (Nov.83)
24. I can dream about you - Dan Hartman (July)
25. Burn for you - INXS (July)

26. Pride (In the name of love) - U2 (July)
27. Hold me now - Thompson Twins (Mar)
28. Jump - Van Halen (Feb)
29. I send a message - INXS (Mar)
30. Sad songs (Say so much) - Elton John (June)

31. Missing you - John Waite (Aug)
32. Radio ga ga - Queen (Jan)
33. Holiday - Madonna (Apr)
34. The reflex - Duran Duran (May)
35. Rebel yell - Billy Idol (Mar)

36. I want to break free - Queen (Apr)
37. Break my stride - Matthew Wilder (Jan)
38. Victims - Culture Club (Jan)
39. Listening Pseudo Echo (Nov.83)
40. Time after time - Cyndi Lauper (Apr)

41. Self control - Laura Branigan (June)
42. Legs - ZZ Top (Sept)
43. Catch me I'm falling - Real Life (Dec.83)
44. Let's hear it for the boy - Deniece Williams (May)
45. To all the girls I've loved before - Julio Iglesias & Willie Nelson (Apr)

46. Twist of fate - Olivia Newton-John (Nov.83)
47. Cum on feel the noize - Quiet Riot (Dec.83)
48. Oh Sherrie - Steve Perry (July)
49. We're not gonna take it - Twisted Sister (Sept)
50. To be or not to be (The Hitler rap) - Mel Brooks (Apr)

51. The war song - Culture Club (Oct)
52. Freedom - Wham! (Nov)
53. Soul kind of feeling The Dynamic Hepnotics (Oct)
54. Love of the common people - Paul Young (Feb)
55. Wouldn't it be good? - Nik Kershaw (Apr)

56. Jump - Pointer Sisters (Mar)
57. Eat it - 'Weird' Al Yankovic (Apr)
58. In a big country - Big Country (Dec.83)
59. Small town boy - Bronski Beat (July)
60. Message to my girl - Split Enz (Jan)

61. She bop - Cyndi Lauper (Aug)
62. The warrior - Scandal feat. Patty Smyth (Oct)
63. Like a virgin - Madonna (Nov)
64. Beast of burden - Bette Midler (Mar)
65. Dance hall days - Wang Chung (June)

66. Why me? - Irene Cara (Nov.83)
67. Drive - Cars (Sept)
68. Burning up (re-entry) - Madonna (Apr)
69. Run runaway - Slade (May)
70. A beat for you - Pseudo Echo (Apr)

71. Everywhere I go - QED (Dec.83)
72. Automatic - Pointer Sisters (May)
73. The love cats - The Cure (Jan)
74. Uprock - Rock Steady Crew (July)
75. Borderline - Madonna (July)

76. Caribbean queen (No more love on the run) - Billy Ocean (Nov)
77. Just be good to me - The S.O.S. Band (Dec.83)
78. You think you're a man - Divine (Harris Glenn Milsted) Sept.
79. The wild boys - Duran Duran (Nov)
80. The glamorous life - Sheila E. (Oct)

81. Nobody told me - John Lennon (Jan)
82. Uptown girl - Billy Joel (Oct.83)
83. Say say say - Paul McCartney & Michael Jackson (Oct.83)
84. No more lonely nights - Paul McCartney (Oct)
85. All of you - Julio Iglesias & Diana Ross (July)

86. Eyes without a face - Billy Idol (June)
87. Bitter desire - Kids in the Kitchen (Oct.83)
88. Agadoo - Black Lace (Sept)
89. Only when you leave - Spandau Ballet (July)
90. Change in mood - Kids in the Kitchen (Oct.83)

91. To sir with love - Vicki Sue Robinson (July)
92. You're the best thing - The Style Council (July)
93. Right by your side - Eurythmics (Dec.83)
94. Sunglasses at night - Corey Hart (Sept)
95. It's a miracle - Culture Club (Apr)

96. I'm tuff - George Smilovici (Nov)
97. Passengers - Elton John (Sept)
98. No say in it - Machinations (Sept)
99. Computer One - Dear Enemy (Oct.83)
100. Rockit (re-entry) - Herbie Hancock (Mar)


Aussie singles - 1984 charts

1. It's Just Not Cricket - The Twelfth Man (1x3)
2. Original Sin - INXS (1x2)
3. Come said the boy - Mondo Rock (2)
4. Heaven (Must be there) - Eurogliders (2)
5. Burn for you - INXS (3)

6. Listening - Pseudo Echo (4)
7. I send a message - INXS (3)
8. Soul kind of feeling - Dynamic Hepnotics (5)
9. Catch me I'm falling - Real Life (8)
10. A beat for you - Pseudo Echo (12)

11. Bitter desire - Kids in the Kitchen (17)
12. Change in mood - Kids in the Kitchen (10)
13. Message to my girl - Split Enz (12)
14. I'm tuff - George Smilovici (10)
15. No say in it - Machinations (14)

16. Computer one - Dear Enemy (15)
17. Everywhere I Go - QED (19)


1. I just called to say 'I love you' - Stevie Wonder
2. It's not cricket - The 12th Man
3. Careless whispers - George Michael
4. Ghostbusters - Ray Parker Jr.
5. Dancing in the dark - Bruce Springsteen

6. Two tribes - Frankie Goes to Hollywood
7. Wake me up before you go go - Wham
8. Hello - Lionel Ritchie
9. When doves cry - Prince
10. Pride (In the name of love) - U2

11. What's love got to do it? - Tina Turner
12. Heaven - Euroglyders
13. Footloose - Kenny Loggins
14. Against all odds - Phil Collins
15. Girls just want to have fun - Cindy Lauper

16. Burn for you - INXS
17. Big boss groove - Style Council
18. Soul kind of feeling - Dynamic Hypnotics
19. We're not gonna take it - Twisted Sisters
20. Missing you - John Waite

21. Legs - ZZ Top
22. Small town boy - Bronski Beat
23. To all the girls I've loved it - Julio Iglesias & Willie Nelson
24. Self control - Laura Branigan
25. She bop - Cindy Lauper

26. Sag songs - Elton John
27. Why? - Bronski Beat
28. Like a virgin - Madonna
29. 99 Luftbaloons - Nena
30. To sir with love - Vicky Sue Robinson

31. The war song - Culture Club
32. Time after time - Cindy Lauper
33. No say in it - Machinations (White Label Records)
34. I'm tuff - George Milovici
35. Automatic - Pointer Sisters

36. To be or not to be - Mel Brooks
37. Let's hear it for the boy - Deniece Williams
38. I can dream about you - Dan Hartman
39. I want to break free - Queen
40. Oh! Sherry - Steve Perry

41. Run run away - Slade
42. Holiday - Madonna
43. Hold me now - Thompson Twins
44. Relax - Frankie Goes to Hollywood
45. Wouldn't it be good? - Nick Kershew

46. Jump (For my love) - Pointer Sisters #3
47. I'm so excited - Pointer Sisters #9
48. Eyes without a face - Billy Idol
49. Love is a battle field - Pat Benatar
50. Talking in your sleep - Romantics


No comments:

Post a Comment