Wednesday 2 May 2018

1 9 8 5 - Live it up - Pleasure and pain - Models

Apart from the #1 single which played too often, the songs that pop up out of my mind when 1985 is mentioned are: 'Pleasure and pain' by Divinyls, 'Live it up' by Mental As Anything, 'I want to know what love is' (Foreigner) and 'Heaven' (Bryan Adams).

1. We are the world - USA for Africa (Apr)
2. Angel / Into the groove - Madonna (May)
3. Crazy for you - Madonna (June)
4. Live it up - Mental As Anything (June)
5. I want to know what love is - Foreigner (Dec.84)

6. Out of mind, out of sight - Models (July)
7. Money for nothing - Dire Straits (July)
8. I got you babe - U40 with Chrissie Hynde
9. I should have known better - Jim Diamond (Jan)
10. Would I lie to you? - Eurythmics (May)

11. Dancing in the street - David Bowie & Mick Jagger (Sept)
12. Take on  me - A-ha (Sept)
13. You spin me round (Like a record) - Dead or Alive (Feb)
14. Shout - Tears for Fears (Feb)
15. One night in Bangkok - Murray Head (Feb)

16. Born in the USA - Bruce Springsteen (Jan)
17. Neutron dance - Pointer Sisters (Feb)
18. What you need - INXS (Sept)
19. Do they know it's Christmas? - Band Aide (Dec.84)
20. We don't need another hero (Thunderdome) - Tina Turner (July)

21. Walking on sunshine - Katrina & the Waves (May)
22. The heat is on - Glenn Frey (Mar)
23. The power of love - Jennifer Rus (Oct)
25. Like a virgin - Madonna (Nov.84)

26. I'd die to be with you tonight - Jimmy Barnes (Sept)
27. Fifty years - Uncanny X-Men ((May)
28. Too young for promises - Koo De Tah (July)
29. Part time lover - Stevie Wonder (Sept)
30. Ti amo - Laura Branigan (Dec.84)

31. Last Christmas - Wham! (Dec.84)
32. Loverboy - Billy Ocean (Feb)
33. Can't fight this feeling - REO Speedwagon (Apr)
34. Endless road - Time Bandits (Dutch) (Sept)
35. Barbados - Models (Mar)

36. Everybody wants to rule the world - Tears for Fears (Apr)
37. The boys of summer - Don Henley (Apr)
38. Life in a Northern town - The Dream Academy (July)
39. There must be an angel (Playing with my heart) - Eurythmics (July)
40. Some like it hot - The Power Station (Apr)

41. Together in electric dreams - Giorgio Moroder with Philip Oakey (Apr)
42. Man overboard - Do-Re-Mi (June)
43. And we danced - The Hooters (Sept)
44. Rythm of the night - DeBarge (May)
45. Heaven - Bryan Adams (May)

46. One more night - Phil Collins (Apr)
47. (Don't you) Forget about me - Simple Minds (May)
48. Material girl - Madonna (Mar)
49. The never ending story - Limahl (Dec.84)
50. Don't go - Pseudo Echo (Oct)

51. Sex crime (Nineteen-eighty-four) - Eurythmics (Dec.84)
52. We will together - Eurogliders (Apr)
53. Axel F (Beverly Hills cop sound-track) - Harold Faltemeyer (July)
54. We close our eyes - Go West (May)
55. Move closer - Phyllis Nelson (July)

56. Cherish - Kool & The Gang (Sept)
57. St. Elmo's fire (Man in motion) - John Parr (Sept)
58. The power of love - Frankie Goes to Hollywood (Dec.84)
59. You're only human (Second wind) - Billy Joel (July)
60. Sussudio - Phil Collins (Mar)

61. Strut - Sheena Easton (Jan)
62. Sea of love - The Honeydrippers (Dec.84)
63. I just called to say 'I love you' - Stevie Wonder (Sept.84)
64. A view to kill - Duran Duran (June)
65. Freeway of love (Pink Cadillac) - Aretha Franklin (Aug)

66. Shout to the top - Style Council (Nov.84)
67. Night shift - Commodores (Apr)
68. We belong - Pat Benatar (Dec.84)
69. All you zombies - The Hooters (Dec.84)
70. Pleasure and pain - Divinyls (Sept)

71. Nikita - Elton John (Nov)
72. Running up that hill - Kate Bush (Sept)
73. Trust me - I'm Talking (Jan)
74. Dancing in the dark - Bruce Springsteen (May84)
75. Hercules - Midnight Oil (Dec)

76. Dress you up (In my love) - Madonna (Sept)
77. Obsession - Animotion (June)
78. Summer of '69 - Bryan Adams (Sept)
79. California girls - David Lee Roth (Feb)
80. Skin deep - The Stranglers (Dec.84)

81. Frankie - Sister Sledge (Aug)
82. Ghostbusters - Ray Parker Jr. (Sept.84)
83. Dr. Beat - Miami Sound Machine (Dec.84)
84. The goonies 'r' good enough - Cyndi Lauper (July)
85. The riddle - Nik Kershaw (Dec.84)

86. I'm on fire - Bruce Springsteen (Mar)
87. Don't lose that number - Phil Collins (July)
88. I know him so well - Elaine Paige & Barbara Dickson (Mar)
89. Call me - Go West (July)
90. The belle of St. Mark - Sheila E. (Jan)

91. I feel for you - Chaka Khan (Nov.84)
92. You're so strong - Mental As Anything (Mar)
93. 19 - Paul Hardcastel (May)
94. Just a gigolo / I ain't got nobody - David Lee Roth (May)
95. Wide boy - Nik Kershaw (Apr)

96. Dare me - Pointer Sisters (Aug)
97. Love and pride - King (Apr)
98. Current stand - Kids in the Kitchen (Sept)
99. Just another night - Mick Jagger (Feb)
100. The old man down the road - John Fogerty (Feb.)


1. We are the world - USA for Africa
2. Like a virgin - Madonna
3. Out of mind, out of sight - Models
4. I want to know what love is - Foreigner
5. Last Christmas - Wham

6. Do they know it's Christmas? - Band Aid
7. Crazy for you - Madonna
8. In the groove / Angel - Madonna
9. Money for nothing - Dire Straits
10. Live it up - Mental As Anything

11. One more night - Phil Collins
12. Would I lie to you? - Eurythmics
13. I got you babe - Chrissy Hynde & UB-40
14. Neutron dance - Pointer Sisters
15. We don't need another hero - Tina Turner

16. Shout - Tears for Fears
17. Electric dreams - Phil Oakey & Giorgio Moroder
18. Power of love - Huey Lewus & the News
19. Dancing in the streets - Mick Jagger & David Bowie
20. I'd die to be with you tonight Jimmy Barnes

21. One night in Bangkok - Murray Head
22. Life in a northern town - Dream Academy
23. Ghostbusters - Ray Parker Jr.
24. Wild boys - Duran Duran
25. (There must be an angel) Playing with my heart - Eurythmics

26. Heat is on - Glenn Frey
27. I should have known better - Jim Diamond
28. Part time lover - Stevie Wonder
29. Barbados - Models
30. (I'm) Walking on sunshine - Katrina & the Waves

31. Sea of love - Honeydrippers
32. Caribbean Queen - Billy Ocean
33. Fifty years - Uncanny X-men
34. I just called to say 'I love you' - Stevie Wonder
35. Born in the USA - Bruce Springsteen

36. What you need - INXS
37. I feel for you - Chaka Khan
38. Sex crimes (1984) - Eurythmics
39. Man overboard - Do Re Mi
40. Soul kind of feeling Dynamic Hepnotics

41. Sisters are doing it for themselves - Aretha Franklin & The Eurythmics
42  Heaven - Bryan Adams

No comments:

Post a Comment