Wednesday 2 May 2018

1 9 8 1 - Billy Field, Marc Hunter, Mondo Rock

Australian & New Zealand acts as they fared in the 1981 Hit Parade

1. Count the beat - The Swingers (Feb 81) *
2. Who can it be now? - Men at Work (July)
3. You weren't in love with me - Billy Field (Sept.)
4. Jessie's girl - Ricky Springfield (June)
5. Physical - Olivia Newton-John (Oct.)

6. Shaddap your face - Joe Dolce Music Theatre (Nov.)
7. Bad habits - Billy Field (May)
8. Big city talk - Marc Hunter
9. If I were a carpenter - Swanee
10. If you leave me, can I come too? - Mental As Anything

11. Say 'I love you' - Renee Geyer
12. Too many times - Mental As Anything
13. State of the heart - Mondo Rock
14. Cool world - Mondo Rock
15. Summer of '81 - Mondo Rock (Nov)

16. Boys in town - Divinyls
17. Down under - Men at Work
18. Love in motion - Icehouse
19. Your love still brings me to my knees - Marcia Hines
20. Duncan - Slim Dusty

21. Errol - Australian Crawl (Sept)
22. Oh no not you again - Australian Crawl (Nov)
23. The sun ain't gonna shine anymore - Doug Parkinson (July)
24. Do you know what I mean? - Renee Geyer (Dec)
25. They won't let my girl friend talk to me - Jimmy & the Boys

26. All the woman in the world - Air Supply
27. The one that I love - Air Supply
28. Things don't seem - Australian Crawl
29. According to my heart - Reels
30. Why won't you explain? - Karen Knowles

* The Swingers were actually Newzealanders.

Billy Field was born in Wagga Wagga, NSW in 1953.

1. Count the beat - The Swingers (Feb.)
2. Stars of 45 - Stars on 45 (Jun)
3. Antmusic - Adam & the Ants (Feb)
4. Jealous guy - Roxy Music (Mar)
5. Who can it be now? - Men At Work (June)

6. Bette Davis eyes - Kim Carnes (May)
7. 9 to 5 (Morning train) - Sheena Easton (Feb)
8. Endless love - Diana Ross & Lionel Richie (Sept)
9. You weren't in love with me - Billy Field (Aug)
10. Kids in America - Kim Wilde (May)

11. This ole house - Shakin' Stevens (May)
12. Down Under - Men At Work (Nov.)
13. Start me up - Rolling Stones (Sept)
14. Freedom of choice theme song ('Dev-O Live' EP) June
15. Jessie's girl - Ricky Springfield (June)

16. Duncan - Slim Dusty ((Dec.80)
17. Girls can get - Dr. Hook (Jan.)
18. (Just like) Starting over - John Lennon (Nov.80)
19. You drive me crazy - Shakin' Stevens (Aug)
20. Summer of '81 - Mondo Rock (Nov)

21. Louise (We get it right) - Jona Lewie (July)
22.  Shaddap you face - Joe Dolce Music Theatre (Nov.80)
23. In the air tonight - Phil Collins (March)
24. Precious to me - Phil Seymour (May)
25. Jesse - Carly Simon (Oct)

26. Angel of the morning - Juice Newton (Apr)
27. Boys in town - Divinyls (Oct.)
28. Slow hand - Pointer Sisters (May)
29. Physical - Olivia Newton-John (Oct)
30. If you leave me now, can I come too? - Mental As Anything (May)

31. Keep on loving you - REO Speedwagon (Mar)
32. Hold on tight - Electric Light Orchestra (Aug)
33. If I were a carpenter - Swanee ((Aug)
34. Woman - John Lennon (Feb)
35. Oh no not you again - Australian Crawl (Nov)

36. Bad habits - Billy Field (May)
37. I won't let you down - Ph.D. (Aug)
38. State of the heart - Mondo Rock (Nov) Avenue Recors 
39. Stop the cavalry - Jona Lewie (Dec.80)
40. Say you love me - Renee Geyer (July)

41. The stroke - Billy Squier (Aug)
42. One step ahead - Split Enz ((Dec.80)
43. Chequered love - Kim Wilde (Apr)
44. Tide is high - Blondie (Nov.80)
45. Cool world - Mondo Rock (Apr) Avenue Records

46. They won't let my girlfriend talk to me - Jimmy & the Boys (Apr) Avenue Records
47. Stand and deliver - Adam & the Ants (July)
48. History never repeats - Split Enz (March)
49. Gotta pull myself together - The Nolas (May)
50. The sun ain't gonna shine anymore - Doug Parkinson (July)

51. Why won't you explain? - Karen Knowles (Dec.80)
52. Wired for sound - Cliff Richard (Oct)
53. Too many times - Mental As Anything (Sept)
54. I love a rainy night - Eddie Rabbit (Feb)
55. Rapture - Blondie (March)

56. Nine to five (9 to 5) - Dolly Parton (Mar)
57. Just so lonely - Get Wet (July)
58. Every little thing she does is magic - The Police (Nov)
59. Your love still brings me to my knees - Marcia Hines (Aug)
60. Never knew love like this before - Stephanie Mills (Dec.80)

61. Love in motion - Icehouse (Oct.)
62. The wild colonial boy - Dr. Hook (Mar)
63. Queen of hearts - Juice Newton (Aug)
64. Stop draggin' my heart around - Stevie Nicks & Tom Petty & Heartbreakers (Aug)
65. Another one bites the dust - Queen (Oct.80)

66. Vienna - Ultravox (May)
67. Every woman in the world - Air Supply (Dec.80)
68. Prince charming - Adam & the Ants (Sept)
69. Errol - Australian Crawl (Sept)
70. (Si Si) Je suis un rock star - Bill Wyman (Oct)

71. The one that you love - Air Supply (June)
72. De do do do, de da da da - The Police (Jan)
73. All those years ago - George Harrison (June)
74. Planet earth - Duran Duran (May)
75. Don't stand so close to me - The Police (Nov.80)

76. The time warp - Original Cast of The Rocky Horror Picture Show (Oct.80)
77. Can you feel it - The Jacksons ((Nov.80)
78. Things don't seem - Australian Crawl (June)
79. Hip, shake, jerk! - The Quick (Mar)
80. Looking for clues - Robert Palmer (Jan)

81. To cut a long story short - Spandau Ballet (Mar)
82. Rock and roll ain't noise pollution / Hells bells - AC/DC (Feb)
83. Kiss on my list - Daryl Hall & John Oates (Nov.80)
84. On and on and on - Abba (Dec.80)
85. Hooked on classics - The Royal Philharmonic Orchestra (Sept)

86. Rock and roll dreams come through - Jim Steinman (June)
87. The Beach Boys medley - The Beach Boys (Sept)
88. Do you know what I mean? - Renee Geyer (Nov)
89. Under pressure - Queen & David Bowie (Nov.)
90. I believe in you - Don Williams (Dec.80)

91. Runaway boys - Stray Cats (Feb)
92. So long - Fischer-Z (Oct.80)
93. Lady - Kenny Rogers (Nov.80)
94. According to my heart - The Reels (Jan.)
95. Being with you - Smokey Robinson (June)

96. Que sera mi vida? - Gibson Brothers (Dec.80)
97. I want to be straight - Ian Dury & the Blockheads (Dec.80)
98. Woman in love - Barbra Streisand (Oct.80)
99. Rock hard - Suzi Quatro (Nov.80)
100. I am the beat - The Look (March)

Fade to grey - Visage (Apr)
Making your mind up - Bucks Fizz (June)
Only for sheep - The Bureau (June)
Turn me loose - Loverboy (April)
Feels like I'm in love - Kelly Marie (Oct.80)





No comments:

Post a Comment